Frequently asked questions
- How to get there by car?
Take the Watergraafsmeer/Diemen (s113) exit from the A10 ring road. At the end of the road choose the exit heading to Centrum/Watergraafsmeer. Continue through via the Middenweg that turns into the Linnaeusstraat. Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen is located at the end of this street on the corner of Mauritskade.
- Where is the nearest parking garage?
- Q-Park Oostpoort
- Polderweg 92
- 1093 KP Amsterdam
From this parking garage you can take tram 19 and you will arrive to our building in two stops.
- How do I get there using public transport?
The Tram stops Alexanderplein and Linnaeusstraat are both right in front of our building and are easy and quickly available:
From Amsterdam Central Station: tram 14 – tram stop Alexanderplein
From Amsterdam Sloterdijk: tram 19 – tram stop Alexanderplein
From Diemen: tram 19 – tram stop Linnaeusstraat 1e van Swindenstraat
- Is there a mooring spot for a canal boat
There is a mooring spot in front of Mauritskade 63.
- Is there a taxi stand?
There’s a taxi stand in front of our building. It is located at the Linnaeusstraat, right outside the Amsterdam Tropen Hotel.
- Can I park my car?
Due to upcoming renovation work on the Amsterdam Tropen Hotel, the paid parking service operated by MobyPark has closed as of the 1st of October 2021.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to suggest alternative parking options in the vicinity:
- Parking on the public road in the Dapperbuurt/Oosterparkbuurt, the rate in this zone is € 6.00 per hour.
- The parking garage at the OLVG, ‘s Gravesandeplein 120, rate is € 6.00 per hour.
- Q-Park Oostpoort parking garage, Polderweg 92, rate € 3.33 per hour.
- Parking garage Park Bee Ingenieur Jakoba Mulderplein, rate € 3.50 per hour.
- Mobihub P+R Oostpoort, Polderweg 92, free parking spaces in combination with a rental bicycle.
- There are various P+R locations around the city, which can be combined with public transport (under certain conditions) at a discount. KIT can be reached by tram 7, 14 and 19