Applicants for the OKP scholarship for a KIT master’s programme or short course must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to the course of your choice. This means that you meet all the requirements set out by KIT Royal Tropical Institute / Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUA)
- Be nationals of and working and living in a country on the OKP Country list (please note that this list has changed recently. We strongly encourage candidates from those countries to apply.
- Accept the OKP rules and regulations
- Upload in DELTA all mandatory documents (see question below ‘how do I apply for an OKP scholarship’ for list of documents)
- Not to be employed by a multinational corporation, UN organisation, IMF, a bilateral or multilateral donor organisation or a large national and/or commercial organisation
- Be employed in an area to which the study will make a relevant contribution
If you apply for an OKP short courses scholarship, you must:
- Not have accepted more than one OKP short course scholarship in the past
- Not have accepted an OKP short course scholarship in the year prior to the scholarship application
- If you apply for an OKP master’s degree programme scholarship, you must not have accepted an OKP master’s degree programme scholarship in the past
- Please note that only 1 OKP application in DELTA should be made per application round
- Have a valid passport which is valid at the moment of application for the OKP scholarship until at least 3 months after the course has started (or preferably longer)
For all rules and regulations follow this link.