Application student visa (residence permit)

Frequently asked question

Do you want to study in the Netherlands? For a stay of over 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit unless you come from a country that belongs to the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.

KIT will apply for the residence permit for you. You cannot apply for a residence permit yourself.

For more information about student visa (residence permit), please check the information brochure of the IND: IND Info brochure study visa

Students who study less than 90 days at KIT (almost all short courses) can apply for a tourist visa via the Netherlands embassy in their country, or another embassy.