updated September 2022
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) regulations have changed.
OKP eligible countries
The countries eligible for an OKP scholarship have changed. There is a new list of OKP countries which differs slightly from the lists from last year. See link below which countries are eligible for an OKP scholarship.
If you are from one of the OKP countries we encourage you to apply for academic admission to KIT Royal Tropical Institute as soon as possible.
OKP country focus
Nuffic has established a OKP country focus in cooperation with the Netherlands Embassies in OKP eligible countries. Quite a number of OKP countries do not have health or SRHR as a priority. Read the suggestions below carefully:
- Read carefully the country priorities that were published by Nuffic. When filling in your employer statement make sure that it links as much as possible to the priorities set by the embassy in your country. This will give you a higher chance of winning the scholarship.
- You could ask your employer to not only tick the box on ‘SRHR’ of ‘Health’ but also of other relevant boxes that link to the country priorities.
- Also in your own motivation letter try to link to the country priorities.
- If your country has no focus on Health at all as described in the country focus document, please go ahead and do submit your OKP application. In your motivation you can try to link to the country priorities… Be creative! After all so many themes have direct or indirect relations to health and health care. During the last OKP registration periods, quite some OKP scholarships to study at KIT were allocated to applicants from countries with no official health focus. So we encourage you to try.
- Unfortunately Afghanistan is not longer on the list of OKP eligible countries.