I have registered for a course but what happens if it cannot take place due to Covid-19? What happens if I cannot come to The Netherlands at all?
At the moment all courses take place as normal. Should anything change and face-to-face courses not be possible we will decide per course if it will be given as online course (just as we did last year). All registered course participants will be informed automatically if anything changes in the set-up of a course.
E-learning courses are done through a combination of live presentations using virtual platforms, virtual classroom discussions, group work, and self-paced activities to be done at home. Interaction is very much part of KIT’s teaching methods, so we will ensure a high degree of participation.
If students cannot come to the Netherlands due to the Corona pandemic, collective solutions will be provided. If this applies to you individually, then we would need to explore what we could offer.
If you do not want to/cannot participate by distance learning then please read the information below.
Normal cancellation policy:
Normally when a registered participant cancels his/her participation in a course the following cancellation policy applies:
- 100% of the course fee has to be paid if you cancel 14 days or less before the first day of the course
- 75% of the course fee has to be paid if you cancel 15-21 days before the first day of the course
- 50% of the course fee has to be paid if you cancel more than 22 days before the first day of the course.
- 0% of the course fee has to be paid if you cancel 14 days or less after returning the financial statement.
Adapted cancellation policy due to the coronavirus situation:
If a course for which you have registered is turned into a virtual learning course you will automatically be informed of this. If you do not want to/cannot participate by distance learning then read the information below.
Due to this exceptional situation we would like to offer you the option to postpone your participation in the course until next year without additional costs.
- If you are not able to postpone until next year and/or you are unsure whether you will be able to join next year, you can cancel the course at the latest 22 days before the course and get a 50% refund.
- If you cancel 15-21 days before the start of the course you will receive 25% refund. If you cancel later, we can unfortunately not refund you.
- If you are able to postpone your participation in this course, or even a different course at KIT to next year, the amount you have paid already will be reserved for your course fee next year. You will then pay the fee from this year for the course next year.
This adapted policy applies as long as there are travel restrictions due to the coronavirus situation.