Maitrayee Mukhopadhyay, PhD, is a social anthropologist specialised in social development with a focus on gender and development. She has 30 years of experience in gender and development research, advisory work, teaching and training.
- Gender Mainstreaming Critiques: Sign Posts or Dead Ends. IDS Bulletin (Volume 46 Number 4 July 2015).
- Gendered Citizenship in the post colony. Published in the Oxford Handbook on Transnational Feminist Movements edited by Rawwida Baksh and Wendy Harcourt 2015.
- Mainstreaming gender or Reconstituting the mainstream? Gender knowledge in development. Online version (2013)
- Mobilising for Women’s Rights and the role of resources with Rosalind Eyben (2011)
- Gender and Rights: A Resource Guide with C.Hunter & K. Milward. On-line publication http://www.genderandrights.dk/ (2010)
- Gender, Rights and Development: A Global source Book with Shamim Meer (2008)
- Gender Justice, Citizenship and Development: An Introduction with Navsharan Singh (2007)
- Revisiting Gender Training: A global source book with Franz Wong (2006)
- The Politics of the Possible. Gender Mainstreaming and Organisational Change lessons from the field, with G. Steehouwer & F.Wong (2004)
- Creating Voice and Carving Space: re-defining governance from a gender perspective, Co- written with Shamim Meer (2004)
- ‘Mainstreaming Gender or streaming gender away: Feminists Marooned in the Development Business’ IDS Bulletin, 35 (4): 95-103 (2004)
- ‘Creating citizens who demand just governance: gender and development in the twenty-first century’ (2004)
- ‘Introduction Gender, Citizenship and Governance’: A global source book. (2004)
- ‘Introduction: Women and property, women as property’ (2000)
- ‘Brother, There are Only Two Jatis – Men and Women’ (1999)
- Legally Dispossessed: Gender, Identity and the process of law(1998)
- Gender Responsive Budgeting Kurdistan autonomous region Iraq
- Gender audit of Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA)
- Health System Stewardship and Regulation in Vietnam, India and China
- Issues affecting girls’ access to lower secondary education: 9 country research project
- Mobilizing Resources for Women’s Rights. Research with partners in Ghana and Bangladesh
- Gender Citizenship and Governance action research programme with 16 partners in south Asia and Southern Africa regions.
- Muslim Women and Development action research project: 6 country study with partners in Senegal, Mali, Ethiopia, Yemen, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh
- Institutional capacity building in the Rural Women’s Development General Directorate, Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, Yemen
- Gender mainstreaming in agriculture, health and education sectors in Ethiopia: situational analysis
- Gender and Decentralisation in South Asia: research paper
- Strategy development for a research programme on gender, citizenship and justice for International Development Research Centre (Canada)
- Human Rights and Good Governance Review of Danida Sector Programme Support in Bangladesh.
- International course on Gender and Development, Amsterdam
- International course on Gender, Citizenship and Governance, Amsterdam
- Regional short course Building Capacity for rights: Democracy and Development in Africa, Johannesberg
- Regional training programme Gender, Citizenship and Governance in the Middle East, Beirut