Facilitating policy formulation
The health of a population – and a country’s health system – are influenced by many societal actions and actors. These situations demand revision of existing policies, or the formulation of new ones. Our professional staff combine expertise in specific content areas with the ability to facilitate policy processes with a variety of clients and stakeholders.
Creating effective policies
Our work in this area is aimed at:
- Supporting partners in designing high impact, evidence-based policies that are context specific and feasible
- Using a participatory approach to enhance exchange and collaboration
- Building resilient institutions and relationships
- Developing policies that are feasible, practical and implementable
- Including – and strengthening the capacities of – stakeholders
- Using a participatory approach to enhance dialogue and collaboration
- Ensuring local ownership to raise the likelihood of success
Our clients include national, regional or district authorities, health insurance organisations and associations of public and/or private providers. We also work directly with multilateral organisations, bilateral donors and international NGOs.
Inclusivity and a broad range of topics
KIT Health facilitates inclusive policy dialogues and ensures joint work on:
- Needs assessment, situation and stakeholder analysis
- Review of local, national and international evidence including cost-effectiveness
- Generation of local evidence including cost-effectiveness
- Setting the agenda for change
- Strategy design
- Scenario planning
- Stakeholder consultation
- Monitoring and evaluation
We support the development of policies within national or regional health and health systems. We also provide sector-specific input on policies such as: the basic package of services, financing strategies, HRH, disease-specific strategies, and group-specific strategies targeting, for example, vulnerable populations.