Epidemiology and Public Health
Working together with governments, institutes and NGOs in low- to middle-income countries, our work supports decision makers and provides evidence-based practice to improve healthcare and to align policies with evidence based practice.
We advise on the implementation of various data collection, processing, and analysis frameworks and support health initiatives to evaluate their impact. These activities provide the evidence required by funders and beneficiaries – as well as society at large – about the benefits of health interventions.
We recognize the importance of embedding our solutions into local public health systems and procedures and continuously strive to ensure that results are translated into tools tailored to the people who can act upon them. Therefore, we invest in the translation and dissemination of our findings into policy, advice and practical guidelines for health practitioners thus closing the chain of evidence-based health care.
A picture is worth a thousand words
We use and develop innovative, interactive and dynamic data collection and management systems, combining new geographical information technologies with solid knowledge of applied statistics. Over the last decade we have established a comprehensive track record in spatial epidemiology research and the development of GIS tools and services for disease control. We organize tailor-made GIS courses in the Netherlands as well as at partner institutes internationally.
- Data for decision making (M&E and surveillance)
- Evidence based health care (EBHC)
- Health impact assessment (HIA)
- Implementation/Operational research for disease control (OR)
- Diagnostic evaluation and implementation research
- Mapping for health (GIS)
- Good Research Practice
- Provider-Initiated HIV Testing and Counselling in Rwanda: Acceptability among Clinic Attendees and Workers, Reasons for Testing and Predictors of Testing.
- Comparison of two Gram stain point-of-care systems for urogenital gonorrhoea among high-risk patients: diagnostic accuracy and cost-effectiveness before and after changing the screening algorithm at an STI clinic in Amsterdam.
- A Multi-Site evaluation of innovative approaches to increase tuberculosis case notification: Summary results.