Understanding the Dutch
Moving to another country can be exciting and stressful at the same time. At KIT Intercultural Professionals we understand this like no other. In order to give you a warm welcome, we have developed a training programme to prepare you for your life and work in the Netherlands.
Understanding the Dutch can also be offered upon request on an exclusive basis, for a team or a company seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centers in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Boston or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule. Get in touch with us to explore your options.
- Insight into Dutch culture and society.
- Insight into the difference between the participant’s country and the Netherlands.
- The influence cultural differences can have on daily life.
- Gaining a better understanding of the Netherlands.
- Enable effective communication with Dutch people in work and daily life.
The program contains briefings on Dutch society, history, politics, and geography and leisure activities. There is also attention for the consequences of living as an expatriate, particularly the changes in personal perspectives that come about through living abroad – ‘culture shock’. The program is interactive and takes a personal approach, allowing time to answer the participants’ questions and deal with their particular situation.
A day Understanding the Dutch training includes:
- Welcome, introduction pitch of all participants
- Development in the Netherlands in a quick glance (history, politics, economy, environment and people)
- Dutch behavior and business culture
- Discussing challenges and practical issues with our experienced trainer for this area
- Culture Shock
On a yearly basis we deliver sessions to over 400 participants from many different multinational organisations, including Phillips, Gstar and Vopak. They evaluate us at highly satisfactory levels time after time.