For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), KIT is the “data controller”. We collect certain information or data about you when you collaborate with KIT to provide services to KIT’s client and when you call us, email us and use our website. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address or telephone number if
you contact us
- information about your use of our website services including what pages you visited, how long
you visited the website for
- information that you provide for the purpose of acquiring new projects, including names,
address, organizational data, email and telephone numbers, CV, diplomas.
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services
The general categories of personal information that we may collect for the aforementioned purposes are as follows:
- contact phone number
- email address
- ID / Passport
When you register or collaborate with us, you are agreeing that you are over 18 years of age or are acting with parental consent.
2.1. Using personal information
We may use your personal information to;
- respond to a tender
- administer and personalize this website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- publish information about you on the website, providing you have given specific consent to do so
- send you updates and notifications relating to our services or activities
- send you news and communications about the services you have expressed an interest in
- use your email address for survey purposes via a third party organization
2.2. Lawful basis
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control your personal using the following lawful bases:
- legitimate interests: we may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after careful consideration whether the same objective could be achieved through other means and whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so. For example, in order to deliver our services for your benefit, we may share your personal data with a trusted third party organization for the purpose of our business activities or to conduct a survey to better understand your needs and requirements.
2.3. Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the EU. It may also be stored outside of Europe, with the necessary security measures, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
2.4. Information disclosure
Through our business activities, we may disclose your personal information to donors, consortium partners and subcontractors for purposes directly related to the management and delivery of our services. This includes the grant making process where we receive applications from interested parties for funding. Those in question will be obligated to use the personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law and for the purpose of defending our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention). KIT will never sell your personal data to third parties.
2.5. Information protection
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All personal information is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
By collaborating with KIT or using our website, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We encourage the use of Microsoft Teams for sharing documents. In case you need passwords to enter our application portal and access our website, you are responsible for keeping the password you use confidential; we will not ask you for your password.
2.6. Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
2.7. Data retention period
Personal data that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. Our retention period is in line with our contract conditions with the donors we serve and the default legal standard retention period.