What can you do as an organisation?
Does your organisation want to help improve the health care of developing countries?
We offer you the opportunity to enhance your brand recognition world-wide, while demonstrating social commitment to customers, staff and other stakeholders. The KIT Scholarship Fund offers you the opportunity to invest in ‘named scholarships’ for health professionals in developing countries.
Creating a named scholarship
Contributing to named scholarships is one of the most effective and rewarding ways to support students. By investing in a professional from a particular developing country, you contribute to capacity building in that country. The personal character of a named scholarship gives donors the opportunity to meet a student personally. It is not uncommon for alumni to mention the name of the donor in their curriculum vitae. This way, your company, organisation or family name will be associated with philanthropy and good will, even years later .
There are different types of named scholarships possible:
- Full scholarship: EUR 27,000 including tuition fees, visas, accommodation and travel costs.
- Partial scholarship: Only tuition fees: These vary from EUR 15,000 to EUR 17,000.
Companies can also make general donations to the KIT Scholarship Fund.
Benefits of contributing to the KIT Scholarship Fund,:
- Educate the doctors and architects of tomorrow’s health systems.
- Establish a named scholarship, to demonstrate social responsibility and boost the good will of your company or organisation.
- Build relationships with future decision-makers in the field of health care in low- and middle-income countries.
- Make a meaningful contribution to your corporate social responsibility activities..
- It is a sustainable investment.
- It allows you to reach potential new markets in low and middle income countries.
Tax benefits for companies
The information below is only applicable in the Netherlands. Companies from other countries can verify if similar possibilities exist in their country.
Companies can deduct donations from their taxes, just as individuals can. It is then company taxes (vennootschapsbelasting) as a BV, NV or another taxable entity. The donor must be able to prove the donations with written documents. Tax deductible donations are the payments made in a year to ANBIs (charitable recognised organisations by NL tax office). Maximum gift deduction is 50 % of the profit but may not exceed € 100,000 per year. The profit should not be negatively impacted by the deduction. For more information see www.belastingdienst.nl.
It is also possible for companies to contribute to the programme through sponsorship. In that case, the KIT Scholarship Fund agrees to give visibility of your company on the website and via other moments and means. Costs for sponsorships are entirely deductible as company expenses.
For more information about the possibilities to contribute as a company to the KIT Scholarship Fund, please contact Kim Vandenberghe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31 (0)20 568 8411