What can you do as a company?
Does you company want to make a difference to the health of developing countries?
Promoting your company name takes great effort and investment. We offer you an interesting opportunity to become internationally known, and at the same time show your social commitment to your customers, staff and connections. The KIT Scholarship Fund offers you the opportunity to invest in ‘named scholarships’ for health professionals in developing countries.
Creating a named scholarship
Contributing to named scholarships is one of the most effective and rewarding ways to support students. By investing in a professional from a particular developing country, you contribute to capacity building in that country. The personal character of a named scholarship gives donors the opportunity to meet a student personally. It is not uncommon for alumni to mention the name of the donor in their curriculum vitae. This way, your company or family name will remain vibrant even years later .
There are different types of named scholarships possible:
- Full scholarship: 27,000 Euro: including tuition fees, visas, accommodation and travel costs.
- Partial scholarship: Only tuition fees: These vary per study between 15,000 – 17,000 Euro.
Companies can also make normal donations to the KIT Scholarship Fund.
Benefits of contributions to the KIT Scholarship Fund
Financial contributions to the training of health professionals from abroad:
- Establishing a named scholarship adds to the visibility of your company.
- “Your name, better health for thousands!”.
- Contributes to educating future leaders in international health care.
- Allows you to build relationships with future decision-makers in the field of health care in low- and middle-income countries.
- Fits into a policy of social and corporate responsibility.
- Is a sustainable investment.
- Makes it possible to reach potential markets in low and middle income countries.
Tax benefits for companies
The information below is only applicable in the Netherlands. Companies from other countries can verify if similar possibilities exist in their country.
Companies can deduct donations from their taxes, just as individuals can. It is then company taxes (vennootschapsbelasting) as a BV, NV or another taxable entity. The donor must be able to prove the donations with written documents. Tax deductible donations are the payments made in a year to ANBIs (charitable recognised organisations by NL tax office). Maximum gift deduction is 50 % of the profit but may not exceed € 100,000 per year. The profit should not be negatively impacted by the deduction. For more information see www.belastingdienst.nl.
It is also possible for companies to contribute to the programme through sponsorship. In that case, the KIT Scholarship Fund agrees to give visibility of your company on the website and via other moments and means. Costs for sponsorships are entirely deductible as company expenses.
For more information about the possibilities to contribute as a company to the KIT Scholarship Fund, please contact Kim Vandenberghe, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +31 (0)20 568 8411