Rural sociologist by training (MSc Wageningen University). Expertise in project planning, evaluation, advice and project management in East as well as West Africa. Extensive experience in training/facilitation, advisory work, compiling and editing online information products on a range of issues in the field of sustainable economic development and agricultural and rural development.
- Fred Zaal, Jacqueline Sluijs, John Belt, Roger Bymolt, et al (2016). Regional Markets for Local Development. Smallholder engagement with agribusiness in practice, KIT, Royal Tropical Institute
- Peter Gildemacher, Mirjam Schoonhoven, Anna Laven, Wouter Kleijn, Marije Boomsma, Ellen Mangnus, Kati Oudendijk, Jacqueline Sluijs (2015) – Planning the unplannable: designing value chain interventions for impact @ scale. KIT Working paper series 2015, 2.
- Fred Zaal, Jacqueline Sluijs, Roger Bymolt and John Belt. Going local: Governance in food commodity value chains and pro-poor development in: Going for governance: Lessons learned from advisory interventions by the Royal Tropical Institute, 2013
- Van ’t Hof, S.; Sluijs, J.; Asamoah-Hassan, H.; Agyen-Gyasi, K. (2010) Internet, lifelong learning & information literacy. How increased connectivity spurred the development of an Information Literacy course at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in the information age, Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) Working Papers Series I3. Amsterdam: KIT.
- Editor of and contributor to the publication Onderlinge Hulpfondsen. Historische en etnografische essays. (Mutual Funds. Historical and ethnographical essays), Marcel van der Linden and Jacqueline Sluijs, published by IISG (International Institute of Social History), Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 1996.
Compilation/editing of online dossiers at KIT on:
- Fair trade
Compilation/editing of online dossiers for CTA’s Knowledge for development website on:
- Seed systems
- Rethinking the rice value chain
- Food safety
- Food security
- Soil health
- Climate change
- Water management
- Meat and fisheries
- Drylands agriculture
- Nanotechnology in agriculture
- Research ethics
- Tertiary agricultural education
- Biodiversity, science and governance
- Demanding innovation , S&T strategies in ACP farming systems
- ICM strategies – bridging gaps
- ST&I development production on commodities: bananas; cassava; coffee; sugar
Compilation/editing various videos:
- video interviews KIT; KIT short-docs; Local sourcing – video summary kick-off event
- SNV-KIT Smart Solutions. Market-based input supplies
- SNV-KIT Value Chains – impact at scale. Assessment of value chain interventions, e.g.
- Reaching impact at scale in oilseed sector in Uganda
- CTA – Knowledge for Development, together with CABI (UK)
- Coordination content management for KIT Sustainable Economic Development website
- Cocoa Connect – www.cocoaconnect.org – online platform to share meet and learn for sustainable cocoa
- Local Sourcing
- Business Minds Africa
- Compilation and editing of online information products on SED themes
- Information Literacy – in collaboration with Ghanaian University Libraries