Marcelo Tyszler, PhD is an experienced consultant and applied quantitative researcher on the fields of Agro- and Behavioral Economics, Environmental and Economic Sustainability and Public Sector, Non-Profit and Government. He has expertise in economic and mathematical modelling, optimization problems, management and econometric analysis of small and large data-sets as well as research and survey designs.
Marcelo focuses on food and nutrition security, in particular on:
- Quantitative Monitoring and Evaluation
- Behavioral and experimental program design
- Zaal, F., Bymolt, R., Tyzler, M. (2015) Ariadne’s Thread; Navigating crop choices in Tanzania’s Lake Zone and their implications for cotton. CTDP, Tanzania Gatsby Trust.
- TYSZLER, M., KRAMER,G., and BLONK, H. (2014). Comparing Apples with Oranges: On the functional equivalence of food products for comparative LCAs (Int JLCA)
- BIESBROK, BUENO-DE-MESQUITA, PEETERS, VERSCHUREN, VAN DER SCHOW, KRAMER, TYSZLER AND TEMME. (2014) Reducing our environmental footprint and improving our health: greenhouse gas emission and land use of usual diet and mortality in EPIC-NL (Environmental Health)
- TYSZLER, M., SCHRAM, A. (2013). Strategic Voting in Heterogeneous Electorates: An Experimental Study. Games , vol.4(1). doi:10.3390/g40x000x
- TYSZLER, M., KRAMER,G., and BLONK, H. (2014). Just eating healthier is not enough: studying the environmental impact of different diet scenarios for the Netherlands by Linear Programming (Accepted for presentation, LCA Food 2014)
- TEMME, EHM, BROSENS, MCC, TOXOPEUS, IB, KRAMER, GFH, TYSZLER, M, AND OCKÉ (2013). Environmental loads of diets and relationship with food and nutrient intake in the study population of the Dutch food composition survey. RIVM, Blonk Consultants (In Preparation)
- TYSZLER, M and SCHOLTEN, J. (2013). LCA of fructose from sugar beet. Blonk Consultants, Gouda.
- KRAMER,G., TYSZLER, M. and BLONK, H. (2013). Gezonde en milieuvriendelijke voeding. Blonk Milieu Advies, Gouda (In Preparation).
- TYSZLER, M. (2012) Political Economics in the Laboratory. PhD Thesis nr. 517, Tinbergen Institute, (ISBN 978 90 361 0263 6).
- TYSZLER, M and SCHRAM, Arthur (2011). Information and Strategic Voting. Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers TI 2011-025/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- CORAZZINI, Luca and TYSZLER, Marcelo (2010). Love for Efficiency or Confusion? A QRE Analysis of Individual Contributions in a Public Good Game. ISLA Working Papers 37, ISLA, Centre for research on Latin American Studies and Transition Economies, Universita’ Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- TYSZLER, M (2008). Information and Strategic Voting. Master’s thesis Tinbergen Institute
- TYSZLER, M (2007). Mudança Social: Uma Arte? Empreendimentos Sociais Que Utilizam A Arte Como Forma De Mudança Social. RAP – Revista Brasileira de Administração Pública. Rio de Janeiro, vol. 41, no. 6. 1017-1034. Nov/Dez
- 2007. Title Translation: Social Change, is it an Art? Social Organizations that use Art as a way to achieve Social Change
- TYSZLER (2006). Indicações Bibliográficas: Teoria dos Jogos (requested article) Revista de Administração de Empresas – Fundação Getúlio Vargas São Paulo: FGV-SP, Vol 46 – July/Septemper, 2006. Title Translation: Bibliographical Orientation on Game Theory.
- Ex-ante mechanization for Maize in West Africa
- Alternative crop choice modelling in Tanzania
- Analysis of agricultural investments in West Africa
- Cross scale indicators and measures of gender transformative change in agriculture