KIT Scholarship Fund offers a limited number of scholarships to talented health professionals from low income countries to study a Master’s programme at KIT Royal Tropical Institute. Financial means for the scholarships come from donations from foundations, companies, organisations and persons, who support our goals.
More information KIT Scholarship Fund.
Thanks to generous support of different organisations and people KIT Scholarship Fund offers a partial scholarship to a student from Indonesia to follow a 1-year Master programme in Public or International Health at KIT in academic year 2022-2023. The scholarship is only open for applicants from Indonesia.
Please read the information below for eligibility, additional funding required and the application instructions.
Application period 15 February to 31 March 2022
This partial scholarship opportunity is open to candidates from Indonesia. The conditions from KIT Scholarship Fund are that a student must return to Indonesia after graduation and contribute to improving the health situation there with the knowledge acquired during the masters programme. Applicants should be currently working for national organisations (no commercial companies or large international ngo’s).
KIT Scholarship Fund is inviting potential candidates to apply.
Who is eligible?
- This partial scholarship opportunity is open to candidates from Indonesia.
- Candidates must be admitted to either the Master in International Health or Master of Public Health and meet all application requirements of the scholarship.
- They must hold a passport from an emerging country in South America, Africa or Asia and meet the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (MVV residence permit).
Read full Rules and Regulations KIT Scholarship Fund for complete eligibility and details.
Eligibility Criteria for KIT Scholarship Fund
A candidate applying for the scholarship from KIT Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a professional with at least two to three years relevant work experience. For most of KIT’s courses the criteria are as follows: – Minimum of 2 to 3 year of relevant work experience (in low- and middle-income countries) – Minimum Bachelor in medicine, other academic education related to healthcare (nursing, health sciences, social sciences with focus on health care).
- Preferably have a proven commitment for the public case (for example, work in remote rural areas or for disadvantaged populations).
- Endorse the objectives and aims of the KIT Scholarship Fund and the donors. This means the candidate MUST return to his/her country of origin and contribute to improving the health situation with the knowledge and skills acquired during the Masters programme.
- Be a national of, and working and living in a low income country at the time of application.
- Have academic admission to the KIT masters programme for which the candidate applies for a KIT Scholarship Fund scholarship. This means that the candidate must have met all the academic and administrative requirements set by KIT.
- Not be employed by: a. a multinational corporation (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft); b. a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; c. a bilateral donor organisation (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); d. a multilateral donor organisation, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); e. an international NGO (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- Work in a field where studying at KIT can make relevant contribution.
- Be in a position to introduce the newly acquired skills and knowledge.
- Be available full-time to pursue the course or program without interruption, and be physically and mentally able to participate in the entire program.
- Have other financial means adding to the partial scholarship from KIT Scholarship Fund to be able to cover all costs. These other financial means can be in the form of employers support, another scholarship, savings, support from others e.a.
Amount of the partial scholarship:
- The scholarship is worth €18,620 and is intended as a contribution to the tuition fees of the Master’s programme at KIT for a maximum period of 12 months from September 2022-September 2023.
- Please note that: All remaining other costs are the responsibility of the scholarship holder. Remaining costs are approx. 17.500 Euro (return flights from country of origin to Amsterdam, in country travel, living costs, accommodation, visa and insurance. Please check for all exact details the financial statement applicants received with their admission). The scholarship starts and ends on the dates indicated in the award letter and covers in principle one academic year.
If you are interested to apply read all information below and follow application steps as described in detail below.
Application procedure for partial Indonesia scholarship
Scholarship Application deadline: 31 March 2022
- Only accepted applicants for the Master in International Health or Master in Public Health (MPH: track in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, or, MPH: Track in Health Systems Policy and Management) can apply for this scholarship. This means you have to apply first to the masters programme of your choice to obtain academic admission.
- Only applicants from/living and working in Indonesia can apply for this scholarship.
- In order to apply for this scholarship you need to have a proven source of co-funding/other funding. The selection of candidates will be made from applicants with proven funding to cover all costs involved for their studies (applicants should be able to cover the remaining costs of approx. 17.500 Euro). For exact costs applicants should read the financial statement that they received with their conditional letter of admission).
- Make sure you fulfill all requirements before starting the application procedure. If you do not fulfill all the requirements your application will unfortunately not be considered.
If you have not yet obtained academic admission to the Masters programme of your choice please apply as soon as possible webpage of the course of your choice. (Please note that this scholarship is only available for the full-time programme for the Master of Public Health or Master of International Health)
After you have been admitted to the masters programme, upload the following documents in your existing file to the KIT online application system:
- A motivation letter: Why you are applying to KIT Scholarship Fund and how you plan to use the skills acquired to the advantage of the public case. (Upload your letter in your file in KIT online application system with clear title: ‘Your name, Motivation KIT Scholarship Fund Indonesia application 2022’)
- Write a 500-700 word essay describing a public health problem that you have experienced in the last two years that you would like to discuss or address in the course. Explain how this problem has consequences for the community and the health system. (Upload your essay in your file in online application system with clear title: ‘Your name, Essay KIT Scholarship Fund Indonesia application 2022’
- Proof of financing for the remaining part of the funding (approximately 17,500 Euro. Check the financial statement you received with your admission letter for the exact sum). This proof of financing can be bank statements, a letter of financial support by another scholarship provider, employer or other source of financing. If the proof of financing is using an other currency, make sure to add a correct conversion to Euro with the conversion date. (Upload your files with clear title ‘Your name, Proof of Funding KIT Scholarship Fund Indonesia application 2022).
- An updated CV with contact information (e-mail, telephone nr, mobile phone nr so we can contact you easily for a telephone interview)
- Please note that your application will NOT be processed if these documents are not part of your application file and if the previous steps were not followed. Upload your documents in the online application system before 31 March 2022.
IMPORTANT: If you are selected for the KIT Scholarship Fund you will be asked to transfer the remaining sum not covered by the allocated scholarship to KIT before 1 May 2022. Please take this into account when you apply. The reason for this is that NL immigration services have strict rules w.r.t. proven financing of students. And timing is short to arrange for visum, accommodation and other practical matters.
Please note that your application will NOT be processed if these documents are not part of your application file and if the previous steps were not followed. Upload your documents in the online application system before 31 March 2022.
After you have followed all the actions from step 2: Please fill in the separate registration form below for the application to the partial scholarship from KIT Scholarship Fund before 31 March 2022.
(VERY IMPORTANT!!!! ONLY fill in the form below after you followed all actions from step 2. The reason we emphasise this that we see a lot of incomplete applications in the system with no proof of funding or other documents. Or people who only upload the required documents in the online application system without filling in the registration form below. In that case we do not know you want to apply for the scholarship and cannot review your files. Unfortunately if these steps are not followed exactly as indicated, and if anything is missing we are unable to review these applications. We are unable to mail all individual applicants).
The application round for 2022-2023 will open on 15 February 2022. If you want to apply for this partial scholarship please make sure you have obtained academic admission and have prepared all necessary documents and additional needed funding so you can apply as soon as the application period opens.
Complete applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results and if they are among the top ranking they will be contacted for a telephone interview. The final selection is expected end of April.
IMPORTANT: Please note that no correspondence (or other communication by phone) is possible about this opportunity and your application. If you follow the above application period exactly as indicated you will automatically be informed of the status of your application. Thank you for your understanding.
More information on KIT Scholarship Fund and its rules and regulations.