KIT Royal Tropical Institute is a non-for-profit organisation that aims to enhance the positive impact of agencies, governments and corporations on sustainable development in low-and middle-income countries. Using the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a general framework for action, we translate practice into knowledge, and apply this knowledge to achieve the aims of the SDGs. We are able to achieve this by exercising the knowledge we gain in advisory services, research, teaching, training, dialogue and discussions. The Institute also runs a hotel and a restaurant, and offers office space and conference facilities on its premises.
KIT Royal Tropical Institute is currently seeking applications for the position of Senior Advisor Agriculture, for our Sustainable Economic Development & Gender Unit (SEDG).The senior advisor is expected to strengthen our seed sector development team, and provide more general international consultancy services in the field of agricultural development.
Senior Advisor Agriculture
(for 38 hours/week)
- Offer international advise and applied research services in seed sector development
- Contribute to further development of the seed sector development portfolio of KIT
- Offer technical assistance to agricultural development projects
- Capitalisation of experiences of agricultural development projects and programs
- Participate in the evaluation of agricultural development projects
- Lead and contribute to proposal writing and acquisition
- Minimum an MSc. degree in agricultural sciences or rural development with a solid technical background;
- A PhD in agricultural sciences or rural development would be an asset;
- At least ten years of practical experience in agricultural development;
- Experience in seed sector development;
- Proven writing and publishing capacity;
- Previous experience as a senior advisor in international development is an asset;
- Project acquisition, planning and management experience;
- Collegial attitude, capacity to work within a diverse team and to maintain good working relations with global partners;
- Fluency in English and a professional working knowledge of French are required;
- Ability and willingness to travel for short missions on a regular basis.
The initial appointment is for one year, subject to renewal. KIT values a diverse and international workforce. Non-Dutch applicants are encouraged to apply.
The salary, based on age, qualifications and experience, is between €4.300,- and €5.250,- gross per month for a 38-hour working week. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance, admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP) and opportunities for training and personal development.
If you are interested in this position please submit the online application form through the apply button below, before 14 February 2019.